December 01, 2010

I spent over an hour in the ER last night.....

Because my Bear cut her foot on the upside down scale that was in the bathroom....Don't ask me how but she did....

She handled it like a trooper too...Took the injury with grace and bravery and even had the thought process to put pressure on it to make it stop bleeding...It really wasnt that bad, but it was decently deep so I took her to the ER just to be on the safe side...

By the time we got to the hospital, it had already started to heal....The soaked it in sterile water for a few minutes to see if it would separate...it didnt...They sterry stripped it, gauzed it and wrapped it and put my poor girl on crutches...



Don't be worried about the look on her face....that was posed....shes having a blast on those crutches...I have to keep telling her to stay OFF her foot...She likes moving around on the crutches...Ahhhhhhh, the joy of being a kid. LOL

And here's her poor foot all (re)wrapped up this morning after Mama cleaned it...



All in all, we were in and out of the ER in around an hour and a half...We came home and all snuggled watching "Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe"..Julia fell asleep on the floor and had to be carried to bed...Lil and Holl laid on the couch with me until the movie was over at midnight...And they STILL were up at flippin dawn.....sheesh!!!

On another note, we put up our tree two days after Thanksgiving...I felt very festive and felt like we should for some reason, put it up now....So we did....She turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL this year....

Here's WITHOUT lights -



and here's WITH -



I am so proud with the way that she looks...:) and as a friend of mine said when he asked me if my tree was real or "fake", and I replied "its artificial" he said "Thats good, no killing trees and you save money not having to buy a tree every year..."

Yup, my sentiments exactly. Ive had this tree since Cameron's parents bought it for us the second Christmas we were together. I have been adding decorations every year in the shades of red, gold, green and silver...And of course, the angel that Cameron bought me our first Christmas together sits atop it in glorious shining fiber optical lighting...She will continue to sit on top of my tree every year, even when her light dies because it is a precious memory that I have of a very happy Christmas that year.

2 comments:

  1. poor Bear...that last paragraph is really beautiful. it's always nice to have something tangible like that that really means something to you in your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely it does...you have absolutely no idea how much it meant to me when he came home with that angel steph...We had virtually NO money for christmas...his parents had bought us the tree...The angel was $8 at Family Dollar...I was sitting in the livingroom and he came in the door with a bag and this goofy grin on his face...He had used his last $10 to buy me this angel instead of cigarettes....My heart melted and I fell in love with him even harder then I thought I was....

    ReplyDelete