May 28, 2011

I want a dog...

I am looking to adopt a dog. No pits (per my landlord) but any other breed is fine.

I went to the Providence Animal Shelter and the Rhode Island ASPCA but unfortunately, most of the dogs there are considered "pit bulls" (even though the one dog that I fell in love with is an American Staff, the lady there told my landlord he was a pit and he said no when she called to make sure it was ok to have him)....

Anyway, I digress....i REALLY want a dog. But, I do NOT want to buy one at a petstore as they tend to be from puppy mills......not to mention the fact that everyone wants puppies but I want a dog that needs a second chance.

I placed an add/answered like 10 on craigslist and several of the people were asking outrages prices....One guy wanted $500 for his 100% purebred full German Rotty because they got her and she "wasnt working out for showing so he wants to get some of the money back that he invested in her......." THAT broke my heart...

Another girl wanted $1800 for a 4 month old english bull dog puppy.

OUCH.

I just want a dog. REALLY REALLY want a dog.

My neighbors got raided a few months ago (that are attached to me) and now, at night, when Im alone, I get freaked out at every little noise. Sometimes, even when hubby is here at home...Im totally paranoid and really dont like when people knock on my door if I dont know theyre coming.

Im very much a "keep to myself" kind of person and dont like unannounced visits.

I think having a dog would help with my anxiety and paranoia with a lot of things...I also think those things are also why Im such a control freak....

But anyway, I want a dog...And I dont want to buy one, I want to adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment