February 26, 2011

I adore my children but sometimes...

...............They infuriate me...They had arts and crafts paints that I had to throw away because they kept destroying their clothes...there is something wrong with their cable box in their playroom so they havent been able to watch tv. They took out other arts and crafts paints that I had hidden in the trunk that was under their tv...one of them moved the television off the top of it (probably Lilia because shes freakishly strong for an 8 yr old) so now MORE clothes of theirs are destroyed because they werent washable......they were playing with a glue gun and my youngest decided to stick a pencil in the glue compartment so I had to throw away a perfectly good glue gun (that dave has now fixed thank goodness)...now granted, i can buy another one for a couple of $ at Walmart but its infuriating. They have no regard for the things that we have....theyve drawn all over their walls, trash their playroom til it looks like a BOMB exploded and you cant walk across the floor without stepping on SOMETHING....me or dave will sweep and within 20 minutes, the kitchen floor will have trash and debris all over it as if we havent cleaned in a month....they drop water all over the floor without cleaning it up and even time after time after time of me yelling at them, punishing them and putting them in their rooms, they just DONT seem to learn and its making me crazy...

I get that they are creative like me and they are always drawing and writing me little "love notes" and I adore that...but the process in which they do it, they destroy their clothes and anything around them while theyre doing it...When people ask me what they can buy them, i tell them NOT CLOTHES, because they dont seem to get the concept of keeping their clothes NICE...no matter what I tell them about play clothes versus nice NOT play clothes, they NEVER listen...I already only still have one dreser in my room...and short of putting ALL of their clothes in my room with all of my clothes that I cant put away and putting a deadbolt on my door so they cant get in (when im not in there), I dont know what to do...i already have to do that with the livingroom door because they have gotten into and done so much stuff in there its ridiculous...They destroyed the ONLY vocal thing that I had left of Cameron, they ate stuff of daves that he bought specifically for HIMSELF (which he doesnt do often so when he does do it, they dont seem to understand the concept of DONT TOUCH STUFF THAT ISNT YOURS...) we have told them and told them and TOLD them, screamed at them, punished them, and they just seem to think they are entitled to whatever it is that they want and I dont WANT my children to do that.....I just dont know what to do anymore...

I have no problem with the fact they are creative.... but seriously, I walked into the bathroom yesterday to change back into clothes that I had on prior to my neighbor giving me a few dresses to try on and there were little paint splattered hand prints all over the shirt that I had been wearing that my youngest decided to wipe her hands on instead of using the towel that was in there 2 INCHES away from my shirt. I am so fed up and I really just dont know what to do.

I thought they were old enough to know better, to not destroy everything they touch. I thought I was out of the phase that I have to watch them EVERY two seconds...This is what happens when they cant watch tv...Over the last few days since they havent had tv, they've been punished more times then i can count because theyre rambunctious, loud, misbehaved and out of control.

They are 8, almost 7 and 5. I woke up this morning to smelling gas...i went over to the stove and someone had messed with the knobs...so now, its freezing in here because I have four windows open dissipating the smell...I had to wake Dave early because I couldnt get the smell out so he turned off the gas from the line into the stove.

Really?! I mean, whats it going to take????????? Im so frustrated and I dont know what to do about their behaviors.

No comments:

Post a Comment